Career Services at Chicago Booth will support you in your job search. Career Services has a strong team of professionals, ready to provide you with coaching, career management tools and programming, and career resources to help you refine your career goals and navigate the recruiting process.
Career Management Tools and Programming
We will help you develop a job search strategy and give you the tools you’ll need to go after your career goal. From determining what career path is right for you to positioning yourself in the marketplace, as well as learning how to manage the interview process and handle job offer negotiations, our assistance and training will support you as you start your new professional life.
- Web-based self-assessment tools and tests to assess your interests, values and talents, as well as what activities and environments motivate you.
- Coaching tailored to your individual needs, including reviewing your career goals and choice, developing a job search strategy, understanding a job function, preparing for an important interview, and negotiating offers.
- Career development programming that focuses on topics such as investigating industries and job functions, learning how to network, positioning your experiences, and developing your marketing message.
- Workshops on specific aspects of the job search such as resume - and cover-letter writing, interviewing, and researching companies.
- Comprehensive Career Services website that provides in-depth information and tools across all aspects of the career management process (The website includes information on how to craft a MBA resume and cover letter, sample cover letters and networking request letters, interview practice tool and Frequently Asked Questions by Function, and much more.)
- Second-Year career advisors that provide function-specific coaching to students, as well as resume - and cover - letter feedback and conduct mock interviews.
- Customized programming and support for international students.
Career Research Resources
Research is key to a successful job search. You'll want to know about a particular industry, salary ranges, what a specific job involves, the latest company news, and more. Chicago Booth has several ways to ensure that you'll have all the information you'll need to achieve your career goals.
- Employment Reports - Reports include class profiles; past Chicago Booth hires by function, industry, and location; and major employers and job sources of Chicago Booth students from the past five years.
- Career Resources Center - The CRC offers access to both print and online tools to aid you in your research of industries, companies, contacts, and news, as well as staff who can help answer questions about your research.
- Resume Databases - We archive resumes from previous Chicago Booth classes. You can search the database to find successful resume examples for all types of jobs and experience.
- Career Newsletters - We offer a number of timely email newsletters designed to provide you with the latest job postings and after provide you with career management tactics, and to let you know about the latest employer news.